*~ȧ¢åþê £rðm ï† Äll~*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*~ȧ¢åþê £rðm ï† Äll~*

HomeWelcomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
*~Please be sure either when or before you join, read the Rules and the RolePlay Tutorial and leave comments if you have any questions. Thank you~*
+Wêl¢ðmê †ð Öñ¢ê ßêñ: A RolePlaying Dimension. Let your cravings wander and let to be free+
Mðñ†hl¥ Vð†ïñg ²Ø¹¹
Äþrïl ²Ø¹¹
RolePlay of the Month
Couple of the Month
Character of the Month
Similar topics
Rðlêþlå¥ ð£ †hê Mðñ†h
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Çðµþlê 𣠆hê Mðñ†h
Çhår墆êr 𣠆hê Mðñ†h
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» My hotmail inbox and when im in emails, wont stop refreshing?
RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:21 am by mianmani

» RolePlaying 104: Creating Your RolePlay
RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:21 am by mianmani

» TRAMADOL no rx saturday delivery

» RolePlaying 105: RolePlay Terminology
RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:20 am by mianmani

» RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad
RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:19 am by mianmani

» It's not gunna hurt...is it?
RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:53 pm by vulpes

» Face behind the screen
RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 pm by Im_a_wolf_lover

» Doing Online High School Diploma
RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:35 am by raisaboniifacio

» Toby's Character List
RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:34 am by raisaboniifacio

» Giving You A Warm Hello!
RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:31 am by raisaboniifacio

» Bloodline Distractions
RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:29 pm by Im_a_wolf_lover

» The start of the end
RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:04 am by Leikaysha-rae

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toby
Head Alpha
Head Alpha
Toby

Number of posts : 1300
Registration date : 2008-09-26
Female

RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown Empty
PostSubject: RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown   RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:47 pm

Okay Ready to learn a little of Role Playing??
Or at least this kind of Role Playing..which I call post-by-post just cause I don't have a better term for it lol

Anyway, this kind of Role Playing is obviously written,
So its sort of like writing a small little story except you're only playing as your character.
If you are the creator of the story then you already have the mind set of what is going on and what you have planned and how you want it to end.
But usually creators of Rps are well experienced and have don plenty of Rps to feel comfortable enough to take on a position like the Rp creator and that's okay!

So let's just start off with something easy.

First, We're gonna look at the five W's.
Who?
What?
When?
Where?
Why?

Then, when you're character is made, and you're ready to post, we consider these 5 W's and consciously fill them in.
Who Is My Charater? Sophie Harbor <--I'm just using one of my characters in one of the Rps as an example.
What is my character doing? Hunting.
When is the setting? Medieval ages
Where is it? In the forest.
Why are they doing that? So she can eat.

Now that I have thought about my character's basics I just begin putting them together with descriptive words in between them so it'll look something like this:

Sophie flung her dark hair behind her shoulder as she crept along the covered path. It was enshrouded with trees and plants that it was thick with vegetation all clumped together tightly that it was nearly impossible to creep along the trees themselves to be as silent as them. She held her bow and arrow in both of her hands as she slunk for her prey. Her quiver was latched onto her back, secure to not fall off her shoulders with no matter what movements she made. Her stomach gave a slightly growl, indicating that she was hungry. It had been a couple days since her last meal and she was determined to catch one today.

See how I did that? I introduced the character by describing her physically, opening it with her name. Then I described where she is at and what it looks like around her, don't be afraid to go into the detail of the setting. It actually is recommended because it sets the theme of the story and creates a better image. I then explained she had a bow and arrow, playing half of the role that tells us she's from another time. And finally I ended it with motivation, she hasn't eaten for 2 days, obviously she is starving and really needs this meal so that's why she is hunting.

But one paragraph doesn't make a good post because we're still missing a few things. We want to keep the reader well informed of what's going on so that the next person that replies knows what to keep in mind. So, we'll start to go more in depth with the character.

What is Sophie thinking?
What are her feelings about this?
What is she hunting?
Is it dangerous?

She was frustrated at how she hadn't been able to catch one measly morsel for the past couple days and knew it had taken a toll on her strength, she wasn't as quick as she usually is and have even noticed that when she runs she's slower than usual. When she was at the fringes of her sanity. When she came to a large bush she struggled to not move too much into it, she prayed it wouldn't rustle. Peering above the hedge she saw a small rabbit nibbling on some grass, clearly not too dangerous and within enough range Sophie knew she could get it.

I described her feelings, her thoughts, and the effects of the starvation. I also mentioned her name a couple times because the reader may forget who this is. I then described what animal she is hunting and wrote what its doing, doesn't have to be a whole heck of a lot but animals don't just sit there and wait for people to kill them, just write whatever natural thing an animal does.

Now that we know about the character, her motivation, and what she's hunting, we can finish up with the final paragraph. This, we can end it with her getting the rabbit and leaving it open for someone else to reply to.

Pulling her arrow back to her shoulder she released it and watched it penetrate through the rabbit's flesh. The animal fell dead. Filled with satisfaction, Sophie jumped up in victory.
"FINALLY!" she cried through the trees, the held her tongue, hoping no one heard her. Either way she didn't care, she finally had food.

See how I ended that? I also put the in the grammatical corrections and correct use of punctuations, quotes, and commas. Also we ended it making her shout a little too loudly and the next post could be someone heard her or something.
When you are done typing the post now it's time to go through and make corrections such as typos, correct dialogue, and so on.

Remember a paragraph is 3-6 sentences, so once you think you've typed too much you can make another paragraph.
Now let's take a look at the post we just made!

Sophie flung her dark hair behind her shoulder
as she crept along the covered path. It was enshrouded with trees and
plants that it was thick with vegetation all clumped together tightly
that it was nearly impossible to creep along the trees themselves to be
as silent as them. She held her bow and arrow in both of her hands as
she slunk for her prey. Her quiver was latched onto her back, secure to
not fall off her shoulders with no matter what movements she made. Her
stomach gave a slightly growl, indicating that she was hungry. It had
been a couple days since her last meal and she was determined to catch
one today.

She was frustrated at how she hadn't been able
to catch one measly morsel for the past couple days and knew it had
taken a toll on her strength, she wasn't as quick as she usually is and
have even noticed that when she runs she's slower than usual. When she
was at the fringes of her sanity. When she came to a large bush she
struggled to not move too much into it, she prayed it wouldn't rustle.
Peering above the hedge she saw a small rabbit nibbling on some grass,
clearly not too dangerous and within enough range Sophie knew she could
get it.
Pulling her arrow back to her shoulder she
released it and watched it penetrate through the rabbit's flesh. The
animal fell dead. Filled with satisfaction, Sophie jumped up in victory.
"FINALLY!" she cried through the trees, the held her tongue, hoping no
one heard her. Either way she didn't care, she finally had food.

Now you have made a detailed post.
This is the standard post that I require. Its detailed but you could also expand it (which is recommended even more!!).
Congratulations!

You have graduated Roleplaying 101.
Please continue to reading the other level classes.
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://inutsukisister.deviantart.com/

RolePlaying 101: Role Playing Breakdown
Page 1 of 1