*~ȧ¢åþê £rðm ï† Äll~*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*~ȧ¢åþê £rðm ï† Äll~*

HomeWelcomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
*~Please be sure either when or before you join, read the Rules and the RolePlay Tutorial and leave comments if you have any questions. Thank you~*
+Wêl¢ðmê †ð Öñ¢ê ßêñ: A RolePlaying Dimension. Let your cravings wander and let to be free+
Mðñ†hl¥ Vð†ïñg ²Ø¹¹
Äþrïl ²Ø¹¹
RolePlay of the Month
Couple of the Month
Character of the Month
Similar topics
Rðlêþlå¥ ð£ †hê Mðñ†h
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Çðµþlê 𣠆hê Mðñ†h
Çhår墆êr 𣠆hê Mðñ†h
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» My hotmail inbox and when im in emails, wont stop refreshing?
RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:21 am by mianmani

» RolePlaying 104: Creating Your RolePlay
RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:21 am by mianmani

» TRAMADOL no rx saturday delivery

» RolePlaying 105: RolePlay Terminology
RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:20 am by mianmani

» RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad
RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:19 am by mianmani

» It's not gunna hurt...is it?
RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:53 pm by vulpes

» Face behind the screen
RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 pm by Im_a_wolf_lover

» Doing Online High School Diploma
RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:35 am by raisaboniifacio

» Toby's Character List
RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:34 am by raisaboniifacio

» Giving You A Warm Hello!
RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:31 am by raisaboniifacio

» Bloodline Distractions
RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:29 pm by Im_a_wolf_lover

» The start of the end
RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:04 am by Leikaysha-rae

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Toby
Head Alpha
Head Alpha
Toby

Number of posts : 1300
Registration date : 2008-09-26
Female

RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Empty
PostSubject: RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad   RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:51 am

GODMODDING
What it is and Why it is Bad

I'll first off say Godmodding is FORBIDDEN on this site.
Even in the Unrestricted section, it makes it unenjoyable for other members.

Before I get ahead of myself, I will explain what it is.

First, we'll look at the first part; 'God'. Even if you don't believe in him it doesn't necessarily mean its the basic god, there are Greek gods and Egyptians gods as well. Either way, 'God' typically means omniscient and all knowing.

Second, modding sort of mean you're modifying that you are controlling everything that is going on. Even the other person's character--this is bad!

Put the two together and you get Godmodding.

I hate to break to ya but your character ISN'T all knowing, and DOESN'T control the other people characters.

• Why is it a bad thing?
To the person doing the Godmodding it isn't. I mean, c'mon you can make your character win every fight, every argument, etc...basically everything.

But to you it plainly sucks! Everything that their character does controls yours and you don't have a chance to counteract it because Godmodding doesn't give you the chance, automatically making them succeed and you lose. Which is unfair.

For Example:

John was stalking the alleys until he saw a man he knew to be named Chris, though they had never really met before. Either way, John knew Chris was rich and waited for him to turn into the alley. Chris made his way through the dark tunnels when he was jumped by John. Chris tried to scream out but John had already bound his mouth shut and was reaching into his pocket to retrieve money but when Chris tried to fight back John pulled out his gun and shot him in the head. Falling dead, John escaped with the money.

HALT! RIGHT THERE!
Let's just say John in the other person's character and Chris is your character.
What just happened?
Let's analyze this.

1. How does John know Chris's name when they haven't been formally introduced? In reality he wouldn't know his name. You can refer to the other character's name but YOUR character doesn't know about their name or ANYTHING about them unless pre-arranged with the creator of the character.
  2. Chris had unwillingly walked down the alley. Why is it unwilling? Because you may not have wanted him to go down that way, you as Chris's creator, may have wanted him to hop into his car and drive home. Because he was forced to go down the alley he was jumped and killed without having a chance to fight back. Automatically they die.
((REMINDER**Don't kill other people's character's unless you have permission from the creator!))

A better way to make this post was to have John jump Chris or even type John tackled the other man and leave it open for the other person to make their reply. You, as John's creator, could write that he threw a punch at Chris but leave it open for Chris's creator to make a reaction. They may have them take the hit and fall unconscious or may have them dodge it.

Isn't that better? This way, everyone wins.

+Another form of Godmodding referring to the "all-knowing" is that they think of other people's thoughts.
I'm sorry, but I DO NOT allow characters on this site to have mind reading abilities unless its a fanfiction of Twilight or something. But since that hasn't happened yet I will explain why it isn't fun.

Having the character "mind read" makes them know what your character is doing before they even do it.
Just because YOU can read what's going on and what the character is thinking in the post, doesn't mean that your character knows, because they don't until its said to them.

For Example:

Post 1: Naomi glared at the girl from across the room. She had stolen her boyfriend and her friends. 'You're a dirty slut and you should be killed,' Naomi thought bitterly.

Post 2: "I am not a slut!" the other girl shouted at Naomi.

How could she have known she called her a slut? She doesn't because Naomi THOUGHT it, never said it. You actually need to only worry about your character and read posts carefully.
Avoiding this will make your character have a chance at fighting if ever in a duel,to block themselves, dodge, or take the hit.
Just remember that your character has weaknesses and will get wounded in a fight. This should work on all sides. If two people are fighting BOTH should get wounded, not just one. Just because you know what the other person is gonna have their character do next doesn't mean yours does.

Avoiding Godmodding prevents chaos and imbalance on the site.
It also makes it more enjoyable for everyone!

Congrats!
You have now graduated Role Playing 103.
If you feel ready, you are now able to being RolePlaying.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://inutsukisister.deviantart.com/
mianmani
Suck At Life. Emo.
Suck At Life. Emo.

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-02-21
Male

RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Empty
PostSubject: CSS   RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:19 am

recruitmentExcellent post.I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.This looks absolutely perfect. All these tinny details are made with lot of background knowledge. I like it a lot. This was a useful post and I think it is rather easy to see from the other comments as well that this post is well written and useful.Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real effort to make a good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and never seem to get something done….
data entry
Back to top Go down
http://www.thescops.com

RolePlaying 103: Godmodding+What it is and Why it's Bad
Page 1 of 1